Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My favourite place in the world

I'm going to Paris. On Saturday!

I booked it last week. The sudden trip was spurred on by a brunch at a French bistro (I almost pulled a Meg Ryan it was that good) AND my bucket list (which has two things on it that I can do in Paris).

J and I will have a picnic lunch in front of the Eiffel Tower, with wine, cheese, fresh baguettes and other tasty morsels. I am going to save the cooking course in France item for later on, because I'd rather take a more intensive course than a 2 hour course geared towards tourists. And besides, it means I -have- to go back, right?

I have been busy planning the trip. Trying to stick to the two things a day so we can spend the rest of the day wandering around... but it is hard not to try to pack as many things as possible.

The surgery is the farthest thing from my mind right now... for I am about to fly to my favourite place in the world with the man that I love!

Ironically, I once told people after my first trip to Paris 2 years ago that if I ever had to run away, they would find me in Paris.

On this trip, I am not running away... I am enjoying life. And where else to experience joie de vivre than in Paris.

1 comment: