Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Can hopes and dreams come true?

I had my followup appointment with my surgeon (an RE) today. While she is not my RE, she works at the same clinic.

She confirmed stage 4, and that I had tons of adhesions. My bowel was completely attached to my uterus. She separated them. There were tons of ovarian cysts too, she left those as per my instructions because I did not want to compromise any more ovarian reserve. Drained the fluid in my hydrosalpinges, and then clipped them.

And then she told me that since my RE was in the office, she would just be back to see if we could start my first IVF cycle next month. :cheer:

So it's official... I call in with my day one. I am about 2 weeks away I think. From there, they will put me on the pill for one cycle to try to calm down my endometriosis. The following day one will be my official cycle where we try for as many eggs as possible!

Definitely what I was hoping for, and I wanted to hug my surgeon for bringing this up so I didn't have to.

She also gave me a copy of my OR report, and showed me some photos that she took on her iPhone of the screen :lol:

So yeah, extremely excited about it. I really hope I am 'lucky' and it works the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes and all extremities crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!!! Tell me what you need and I am there to support and help you through!!!

    ReplyDelete