Thursday, January 6, 2011

Knowing when to move on

There is a remarkable forum in Internet land that started as a place where new brides could talk freely about life. It was a place that I could turn to for anything and everything. A place where I had a captive audience that would weigh in on my ups and downs.

The women on there have gone through a lot in the few years. The small group of regulars have been through it all. You name it, and it has happened to one of us. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

We rejoiced when there were births or job promotions. We cried at heart-breaking losses (I'm tearing up just thinking about them). We marveled at the strength of women who indured hardships. We held up those that needed holding up.

I have recently left this forum of love and support. I had thought about it for months before taking the plunge and saying my farewell. I know there will be days where I will feel like running back.

Why did I leave? The demographics changed. It became a forum of mothers. And I know that 100% they would welcome me back with open arms. In a heartbeat. They have been incredibly supportive of the members that are struggling with infertility.

But with the change in demographics, came the obvious chatter about car seats and daycares. The little things that their little ones had done earlier on in the day that made their heart melt. And while I had a choice to read or not read those subforums, it was hard not to be caught up in their world.

Their world. Not mine. Those that started on their TTC journey at the same time as I have now have multiple little ones. My womb... still empty.

So I made the difficult decision to leave.

The forum has given me lifelong friends. And I know my time will come. I hope to one day come back to them when I am ready (babe in arms or not). Until then, they've been invited to keep track of me through this blog and I am happy to see some of them following me already!

To those of you reading: thank you so much for all the love and support over the years. I am a better person because of it. Please feel free to let me know how you are doing by emailing or commenting on my blog. I still think the world of each and every one of you!

4 comments:

  1. I am standing behind you for the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww, no worries. That's what we're here for. And many more years of love and support!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are here for you no matter what. When and if you are ready to come back we will be more than happy to have you. Please know that I for one still think about you often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your decision but hope you will come back when you are ready. I'm always thinking about you and I'll be popping by here :)

    P.S. I'm without kids and would be happy to chat with you about everything else!

    LK

    ReplyDelete