Monday, January 17, 2011

My weekend

I had a pretty full weekend. On Saturday, I finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 with my pregnant sister-in-law. Soooo good. I love the darkness of it, and thinking how different the kids are from their first entrance into our world in the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Afterwards we headed to a nearby mall and shopped for maternity wear. She made sure I was OK (but even if I wasn't, I think I wouldn't have said so). I was alright with the exercise, as I am starting to get very excited about her pregnancy. I will not kid you though - there will be brief low moments. Even though my husband and I are an inter-racial couple, so too are my brother-in-law and his wife - so the baby will look very much like us. And that will be a bit hard to deal with at first.

Anyways - we were surprised at the lack of maternity wear in the massive mall. We then treated ourselves to a fancy dinner (all things that I have sworn off of, to come in tomorrow's post).

On Sunday morning, her husband (my husband's brother) came over to move our new treadmill to its final resting spot (in front of a TV, of course). I am excited that I will be able to use this, and I'm vowing this will be a much better purchase than the dusty elliptical in the basement.

The afternoon I spent with a co-worker and his family. He is a dear friend who I sat across from for many years before he switched roles in the department. I watched them go through male fertility issues, but with a little help from my clinic they have a beautiful girl and one more on the way. I feel like a dolt, but at one point in our conversation about infertility they revealed some of the stuff they went through, and I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment