Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Naturopath visit

Last Thursday I went to see a new naturopath. I went to one a few years ago, but maxed out my work coverage for the year pretty quickly and never got around to booking another appointment.

This naturopath specializes in fertility. She took my history and we chatted about everything including eating habits, work and family life. Feeling my pulse, she told me I have too much 'heat' which everyone always tells me (naturopath #1 and my acupuncturist) Apparently I need to work on my liver. I'm pretty sure that was the shiraz I had the night before!

I am going to continue seeing her since it's covered. She gave me a list of supplements to take, as well as emphasizing a no gluten, no sugar diet. Considering I am doing no red meat and no dairy... eating out is hard, but she said I can cheat twice a week.

I am starting a fertility bill of what I am paying for 2011. You can see it on the right!

I've ordered my supplements from iherb.com and have saved a ton of money by buying online and not at local health food stores. For the curious, here is what she's put me on:

Progressive for Adult Women multivitamin 3x daily
Indole-3-Carbinol 400 mg
Coenzyme Q10 1200 mg
Choline and Inositol 500 mg
Vitamin D drops 2000 IU
Nutrasea Fish Oil 2 tbsp
Folic Acid 5 mg

Total cost for 4 months supply: $476.97 (chaching!)

No comments:

Post a Comment