Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Endometriosis Awareness Month

March is Endometriosis Awareness Month.

So many of us suffer silently. I recall a time when I had male bosses and I felt that I had to make up excuses for being away from work. I never felt comfortable telling them that I had 'girl issues', that for a few days a month I'd be away from the office because I was writhing in pain at home. The male bosses in my past would have been very supportive regardless, but it was just something I didn't want to discuss with them.

The past two bosses have been women, and they know my issues well. I am lucky that they have both been understanding - especially since my endometriosis has steadily gotten worse.

Endometriosis is the leading cause of infertility. That word has shattered my dreams. And I am not alone.

Rather than hash out all of the details of the disease for those that do not know much about it, I'll paste a few links.

Endometriosis Research Center's Endometriosis Awareness Month page
Canadian Women's Health Network's Endometriosis page
Wikipedia's Endometriosis page

And a few blog links of fellow endo sufferers.

That Girl With Endo
Life with Endometriosis and PCOS
My Journey With Endometriosis

No comments:

Post a Comment